10 Questions To Ask Every Car Seller
- How many owners has the car had?
- How long have you had the car for? (i.e. for dealers, how long has it been in stock,
for private sellers, how long have they owned it).
- When do the tax and MOT expire?
- When is the next service due?
- Can you please run me through the service history? (Try to get the date, mileage
and place of each service.)
- Are there any small dents, scratches, scuffs or marks on the bodywork? (Getting the
seller to walk around the car with you on the phone is ideal.)
- Do you know if the car has had any bodywork repairs during its life?
- What condition is the interior in?
- Are there any mechanical issues at all?
- How new are the tyres?
And don't forget that HOW the questions are answered is as important as WHAT
the answers are.
Have a great East-'tyre' break!
(Is it me, or are these sign-offs getting worse?)
(Founder & Owner)
OF THE WEEK
"I need a well-priced ultra-reliable automatic car. And could it please have leather, climate control
and all the toys too?" - David Stoch
How much it should have cost:
CAP Black Book = £5,575
We bought it for = £3,830!
(And doesn't David look happy?!)
WHY I LOVE THE...
Dull-looking saloon car? Exactly the point! Although
this car looks almost identical to the Audi A6 executive yawn-mobile, the S6
was fitted with a rally-inspired turbo engine and Quattro all-wheel-drive. 0-60 MPH
takes 6.2 seconds, and the top speed is 150 MPH. Oh, and as of last Monday, this one's