10 Questions To Ask Every Car Seller
- How many owners has the car had?
- How long have you had the car for? (i.e. for dealers, how long has it been in stock,
for private sellers, how long have they owned it).
- When do the tax and MOT expire?
- When is the next service due?
- Can you please run me through the service history? (Try to get the date, mileage
and place of each service.)
- Are there any small dents, scratches, scuffs or marks on the bodywork? (Getting the
seller to walk around the car with you on the phone is ideal.)
- Do you know if the car has had any bodywork repairs during its life?
- What condition is the interior in?
- Are there any mechanical issues at all?
- How new are the tyres?
Have a great East-‘tyre’ break!
(Is it me, or are these sign-offs getting worse?)
(Founder & Owner)