- The exact car you want
- Lots of helpful advice on the best car for you
- A car at the right price
- The car experts acting FOR you
- The car delivered to your door
- To put your feet up whilst we do all the work
- Having to go anywhere near a car dealer
- Not being sure whether the car you’ve found is any good
- Paying too much for the car
- Being convinced by a dealer to buy the wrong car
- Taking time out of work to find your car
- Travelling miles to see a car that turns out to be no good anyway
- After my recent experience with Palmdale Motors I came to the very quick conclusion that you’d have to be absolutely stark raving mad to buy your next car any other way. Every now and again one comes across a service that completely fulfils the needs of its customers, and Palmdale is most definitely one of them.
Firstly, they are experts in negotiating with car dealerships while the rest of us are mere amateurs by comparison. Before signing up with them I found this out the hard way: dealers advertising non-existent cars just to draw the customer in, or else blatantly misrepresenting the true mileage of the advertised car. ( for example, by “forgetting” to change an out-dated advertisement.) Palmdale know all these ‘tricks' as they deal car showrooms and dealerships day in and day out.
Secondly, it quickly became clear that, being professionals, they can reach the parts of the motor trade that us mere mortals have no hope of reaching. In this way they were able to source the car I wanted with just delivery mileage – and, due to their presumed negotiating skills, at a considerable saving on list price. This made the commission that Palmdale charge seem almost insignificant as it was paid for several times over by not only the final price of my car but also because they’d found exactly the car that I wanted when I hadn't been able to.
Thirdly, for all intents and purposes, Palmdale Motors may as well have invented the phrase “nothing is too much trouble.” They are almost fanatical about offering and delivering the very best service they can. Always helpful, always there for you, they are untiring in their efforts to please. And if the car is a difficult and time-consuming one to find (as mine was) it’s almost as if they relish the challenge even more.
Finally, Palmdale take all (and I mean all) of the effort out of buying a car. No time-consuming trips to dealers or traders; a conditional part-exhange offer for your old car over the phone; and come the day your car is delivered to your home by their expert staff who will already have checked the vehicle with a fine tooth-comb. In my case the car eventually came from a dealership almost a hundred miles away.
As I say, you’d have to be crazy not to use Palmdale for your next car. Given that a car is a major purpose for the majority of people this relatively small outfit takes the car-buying experience to an entirely different level.
Fiat 500X (brand-new)
- Purchasing a car though Palmdale Motors was brilliant from start to finish. The team, James in particular who was in charge of my purchase, were professional, conscientious, polite and above all patient. It was the first time I had ever purchased a car so I was was very appreciative that Palmdale walked me through every step of the process in forensic detail. I was kept abreast of every development in the search, purchase, collection and delivery of my car. Do not hesitate to use Palmdale, they are the real deal.
Toyota Auris (6 years old)
- Please pass on my thanks to your team for the excellent service and total professionalism exhibited throughout the sourcing of a replacement car for me. The sound advice and continual updates were greatly appreciated but never intrusive and I do believe that you have once again shown that buying a new or used car through Palmdale is the only sensible approach.
Not only that, the aftersales service has been second to none and illustrates not only your passion for your business but also for your customers.
Well done. I hope to be back to you for either myself or any recommendations l can find.
BMW 3-Series (7 years old)
- I had a great experience with Palmdale, from beginning to end. I had very little idea of what kind of car I wanted when I first contacted them, and I had a lot of conflicting thoughts. They patiently listened to my requirements and preferences and suggested that I try a BMW i3, a car I would never have put on my short list. This ended up being the perfect choice for me and my wife. The Palmdale team helped me narrow down specifications, then found the perfect car, negotiated a great deal, and delivered it to me at home. We are absolutely thrilled with our car, and Palmdale made the whole process transparent and painless. Thanks!
BMW i3 (3 months old)
- Buying our car with Palmdale has been a great experience and we will certainly ask them next time we need a car. Basically you tell them what you want and they go and find it, make sure the car is in perfect condition, guide you through the paperwork and deliver it to your doorstep. Even better, their (very reasonable) fee is more than covered by the savings you make on the car, as they have the expertise to find best deals and negotiate with dealers. Having been through lots of international relocations and dealt with all kinds of “service” providers who just take your money and do not provide a real service, it is refreshing to find people like Palmdale who are really good at what they do and take clients as someone they would like to see again. They certainly will.
Audi Q3 (6 months old)
- A new addition to the family meant I needed a new car quickly but had no time to hunt for one or find a buyer for mine. A friend recommended Palmdale and it was the perfect solution. The guys found me exactly the car I wanted at the price I wanted delivered it to my door. They also took my old one away having given me a fair valuation.
Communication was excellent throughout and I'm really pleased with the new car. Would definitely use again and highly recommend their services.
Mazda CX-5 (3 years old)
- Thank you for doing the background review to find a well-looked after vehicle for our family. I appreciate your patience as we were new to the UK and had multiple questions about the vehicle purchase process. You and your team were a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend your service to locals and expats!
Nissan X-Trail (4 years old)
- Palmdale was a pleasure to work with - they were able to find a great selection of cars that worked for me, allowing me to find exactly the vehicle I wanted. Delivery was seamless, the car was exactly as promised and the follow-on service has been exemplary.
Audi S5 (3 years old)
- My car changing experience has been absolutely what I had hoped for and 100% in line with what is offered by everyone at Palmdale I have had contact with, right from my very first enquiry. Heartfelt thanks to James for his unfailing optimism and courteousness on phone and email.
Thanks to Dave your driver too who made the whole document changeover process very simple. I rather think he very much enjoyed the drive up in my lovely car.
Ashley was super helpful with the disposal of my Jaguar XJ6 so big thanks to him also.
Delighted with the whole process and will be recommending Palmdale to anyone I come across in similar situation.
Mercedes S-Class (2 years old)
- I read about them in the FT ages ago and kept their number. Buying a car is always a hassle I could do without. These guys gave me options to the car I originally wanted, then we spec’d it out and they went and scoured the market and then delivered exactly what I wanted. Stress free. Highly recommend.
Volvo XC60 (6 months old)
Words from our hero: Mr. Palmdale
“Picture your perfect car – now imagine sitting back with your feet up while someone else scours the country for the ideal car and saves you a bundle of cash as well.”
Our 6 step process
You tell us exactly what car you want
We search for every available car in the UK that fits your description
We negotiate with the seller
We make sure that the car is in excellent condition
We collect the car and bring it to your door
You enjoy your new wheels for many years to come